Is there any better way to celebrate National Milk Chocolate Day than eating our rich Chocolate Rum cake, made with milk chocolate chips and soaked in the finest Jamaican rum? How about that rum cake turned into truffles?
Wicked Rich Rum Cake Truffles
These delectable rum cake truffles will be great at your National Milk Chocolate Day party!
1 Wicked Jack’s Tavern rum cake
1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons coconut oil or vegetable shortening
¼ cup walnuts (optional)
1. Place chunks of rum cake and walnuts (optional) into a food processor and process for 2 to 3 minutes, or until a smooth and sticky batter forms.
2. Taking about 2 tablespoons at a time, shape the dough into round balls and place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat until out of batter.
3. In a microwavable safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals stirring each time. Repeat until smooth. Stir in the coconut oil or shortening to thin the chocolate.
4. Dip each ball into the chocolate coating it completely. Transfer onto wax paper-lined baking sheet.
5. Place the chocolate-coated balls in the refrigerator to set. Once set, place the finished product in small cupcake cups and serve.